Kim Jong-un Consolidates His "One-man Rule" in 2 Years with a Generation Shift in the Party and by Seizing the Military
After Chairman Kim Jong-il died on December 17, 2011, Kim Jong-un, first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK) focused on strengthening his power and c..
South Korea's New Air Defense Identification Zone: Embers Remain
On December 8, the South Korean government declared its new air defense identification zone (ADIZ), which extended to Ieodo off the southern coast of Jeju-do. T..
South Korea-Australia FTA Settled: May Take Effect as Early as 2015
Negotiations for the South Korea-Australia free trade agreement (FTA) concluded after 4 years and 7 months, and the FTA may go into effect as early as 2015. On ..
Cheong Wa Dae Calls It "Chae Dong-wook's Personal Information…Deviant Behavior of an Individual"
On December 4, Cheong Wa Dae defined the actions of Cho Oh-young, an administrator at the Office of the Secretary for Administration, as the "deviant behavior o..
65% of Civil Servants Think "State Agencies Including the NIS Intervened in the Presidential Election"
It appears that 65% of public officials think that state agencies including the National Intelligence Service (NIS) were involved in the last presidential elect..
Ruling and Opposition Parties Agree on Special Committee for NIS Reforms: Parliamentary Sessions to Resume on December 4
* Four-party talks reach a late night last-minute agreement On December 3, party leaders and floor leaders of the ruling and opposition parties held a four-p..
North Korea's Second-in-Command Jang Song-thaek Deposed: "Shake-up" in the North's Power Structure
* Kim Jong-un's uncle-in-law, vice chairman of the National Defense Commission * The National Intelligence Service announces the public execution of two key ai..
President Park Discards Her 3 Major Real Estate Pledges in Her First Year
* Reduced the number of "Happy Housing" by 60,000 from the initial 200,000 * Virtually abolished the "no lump sum rent" and financial support by state-purchase..
Turning Burn Marks into Artwork: Healing through Inverse Thinking
* Gim Ye-ji, Seoul Women's University Gim Ye-ji (24, a senior at the Department of Painting, Seoul Women's University, photo) was seriously burned at a resta..
Hyun Oh-seok, "Paving the Road" for the Ruling Party to Pass the Budget Alone
* "If the budget doesn't pass, we can lose 650,000 jobs next year." * First targeting the opposition: "Even if you oppose, at least come and say so during the ..
The Air Defense Zone and the TPP Put Park Geun-hye’s Diplomacy to the Test
* Military and Trade Issues: An Intricately Woven Multilateral Relationship with the U.S., China and Japan Last August, one diplomatic source and also a form..
The Park Chung-hee Foundation Occupied the Memorial-Library Lot without Authorization
* The Seoul Metropolitan Government, which provided the land, decided to sell the lot to the Park Chung-hee Foundation without collecting the fees for the past ..
선미의 친절한 영어뉴스
여당·야당, 왜 싸우나요
ruling party / opposition party
air / deny / refuse
local time / accident / disaster
[Remaining Ink] Like You Know It A..
Kim Jong-un Consolidates His "One-..
South Korea's New Air Defense Iden..
South Korea-Australia FTA Settled:..
[Editorial] Cheong Wa Dae Claims B..
[Yongmin's Cartoon] A Sea of Elect..
Cheong Wa Dae Calls It "Chae Dong-..
65% of Civil Servants Think "State..
[Editorial] NIS Reforms Should Blo..
Ruling and Opposition Parties Agre..
South Korea Politics
Rodman NKorea Basketball
North Korea Anniversary
South Korea Giraffe
Copyright (C)1996-2013 Kyunghyang Shinmun, All rights reserved.